Interested in joining Romsey & District Beekeepers?
Indoor meetings are held from October to March at King John's House, Church Street, Romsey (down the side of the Heritage Centre next to the Post Office).
Speakers are interesting, the welcome is warm, and refreshments are available.
Outdoor meetings from April to September are held at members' apiaries; details and directions are given in the monthly newsletter.
You never can tell what will happen at one of these meetings - best laid plans can be altered by the bees or the weather.
Items of honey and beeswax processing equipment are available for loan to full members.
Our affiliation to Hampshire Beekeepers' Association
Romsey is one of 13 local associations affiliated to Hampshire Beekeepers' Association (HBA).
Although each local association arranges its own individual programme of events and activities,
HBA arranges and coordinates such joint services as:
- Hampshire beekeepers' membership of British Beekeepers' Association
- An extensive library of books, slides, DVDs, research papers and journals
- Access to the members' area of the BBKA website for up-to-date news and information
- Hampshire Beekeepers' Honey Show
- Heather permits in the New Forest
- Spray liaison scheme
- Representation of beekeepers' interests with local and national bodies including DEFRA, NFU, agricultural spraying contractors, MPs and EC representatives. A delegate to BBKA ensures that Hampshire's voice is heard and heeded
Our affiliation to British Beekeepers' Association
All members of HBA are automatically enrolled as members of British Beekeepers' Association (BBKA) and enjoy the following benefits:
- Public and product liability insurance
- Access to all-risks insurance through NFU
- Brood Disease Insurance through BDI Ltd against destruction of hives and bees in the event of American Foul Brood or European Foul Brood
- BBKA News - an excellent source of practical, scientific, educational and legal information published monthly
- Reduced entry fees to the BBKA Spring Convention
- Access to training and entry to BBKA courses and qualifications
- Use of BBKA video and slide Library
- Advice on all beekeeping matters
How can I join Romsey and District Beekeepers?
You can download and print an application form by CLICKING HERE
then send it, with the correct fee, to the address on the form
or you could contact either:
We look forward to seeing you at one of our forthcoming meetings.
(The nearest beekeeping supplier to Romsey is Thornes of Stockbridge
, Chilbolton Down Farm.)